On Fri, Nov 10, 2023 at 01:43:02PM +0100, Maximilian Wilhelm wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Anno domini 2023 Ondrej Zajicek scripsit:
>
> [...]
> > I hope it does not break some multipoint tunnels like Wireguard, they
> > often have bad flags reported by kernel, but they should be configured as
> > PtMP anyways.
>
> I disagree on the PtMP part.
>
> I've deliberately set up a bunch of Wireguard tunnels, which by design
> are PTP, as in, there are only ever two peers. I know that Wireguard
> *can* handles PTMP, however having to enforce this in bird config
> would be weird to me.

Hi

I see that my comment was ambiguous, it should be 'those Wireguard
tunnels that are multipoint should be configured as OSPF PtMP anyways.'

PTP Wireguard tunnels should work with OSPF PTP, of course.

My point was that even those Wireguard tunnels that are PtMP have flags
saying they are PtP:

wg0: <POINTOPOINT,NOARP,UP,LOWER_UP>

--
Elen sila lumenn' omentielvo