Good morning Sebastian,

Sebastian Hahn <bird_us...@sebastianhahn.net> writes:
>> Is there a way to purely go IPv6 only and still relay stub network IPv4
>> information via an IPv6 only internal area?
>
> I was facing the same issue before, and unfortunately, RFC 5838
> explicitly forbids IPv4 over IPv6 for OSPF.

everytime I post to this list I am learning so much - very interesting,
first time I actually read RFC 5838.

> As an alternative suggestion, I have since evaluated babel which mostly
> suits my purposes (except for some features not yet implemented in bird,
> like strict bind) - but maybe it works for you?

Very interesting. As far as I recollect, we did give babel a try way
before we introduced OSPF. I am not sure anymore what made us switch over
to OSPF, but vaguely recalling we had to quickly introduce an IGP due to
an architecture change, wanted to go with babel, we faced some issues
with the setup and continued with OSPF and settled on it.

But from a simplicity point of view, babel is indeed very attractive and
it made it back on my "to recheck in the future"-list.

In a way it's great to see you have had the same issue, seeing we are on
a similar path for network designs.

Cheers,

Nico

--
Sustainable and modern Infrastructures by ungleich.ch