At long last I was fortunate enough to spot a flock of 12 White Winged Crossbills in a huger Spruce tree on Ontario Street in Milton. I knew these guys were around the area but this was the first time they stopped long enough for a proper ID. Handsome winter birds.

Travel to Milton along the 401, take the Hwy 25 exit south to Steeles, left on Hwy 25 (Ontario Street) and travel south, the flock was seen on the west side of Ontario Street, across from EC Drury High School (300 block). They might be seen anywhere in this area...good luck!