Hi all,

     This afternoon I saw 2 of these birds at the big burn area towards
Burleigh bridge - very active whilst calling and drumming. Further down the
road  a pair of E. Bluebird were likewise occupied and the presumably female
Bald Eagle was sitting tight on her new nest, which I first saw ~3 weeks
ago(the gate was open one day when there were still snow drifts to traverse on
the road). There were also 2 Rough-winged Swallows on the river south of the
causeway and at the north end of the park I saw 1 Pileated Woodpecker. We had 2
females and 1 Tom Turkey at Parking area #7 and 2 Field Sparrow at Area #5.  I
counted a total of 4 Fox Sparrow, 3 Hermit Thrush and 6 E. Phoebe along the
way.

      I also saw 2 Vesper Sparrow on Mollard Line ~1km apart, both south of the
lagoons, where at least 2 Barn Swallows were in company of ~20 Tree Swallows.
It seems that some things are finally starting to move again with the warmer
weather.
       Hoping to get out and see more f.o.s. birds to-morrow - cheers!    Maris

Maris Apse 10094 Red Pine Road, Box 22, RR #2 Grand Bend ON N0M 1T0 (519) 238 -
8415