From: Kyle Horner <kylejhor...@gmail.com>
Subject: [Ontbirds] Northern Hawk Owl - Orillia
To: "ONTBIRDS" <ontbirds@hwcn.org>
Date: Monday, January 4, 2010, 9:27 AM

Hello all,

Just to further Andrew Keaveney's post from yesterday, the Northern Hawk Owl
was still present this morning in Orillia.  It can be seen (a bit more
safely) from off the highway, as per the following directions.  This would
be an easy bird to pester - I watched it react to the noise of my camera
shutter from 200 feet away - so please be good!

Cheers,
Kyle

Directions - From Barrie, take HWY 11 north to Orillia.  Exit HWY 12
East/Old Barrie Road.  Cross over the highway and turn left on Old Barrie
Rd., then immediate right on Harvey Settlement Rd.  Travel about 0.5km.  The
bird was perched in the treetops between Harvey Settlement Rd. and HWY 11 -
we were able to observe it fairly closely from the parking lot of one of the
businesses on Harvey Settlement Rd.