Dear Ontario birdwatchers,

I am a Master's student at York University and I am attempting to collect
birdwatcher records for my research.

In my work, I hope to show that birder data has been underutilized in
protected area monitoring, and I am looking for birdwatcher's notes to
support this idea.

In particular, I am looking for individual observations of wood thrushes and
yellow breasted chats at Point Pelee National Park between 1995-2005.

Any other information as to where these two species were sighted in those
years would be great as well.

I believe that birders have a lot to offer to ecological integrity
monitoring programs in our national parks, and I'm hoping to show they
possess expertise that is difficult to replicate with scientific projects.

Please contact me if you can help!

Sincerely,
Emily Rondel
MES Candidate 2010.