Hi all,
    Penny, Emi and I took a short drive into the park this afternoon. The
feeders at the Visitor Centre had about 8/10 Pine Siskin and a similar number
of Common Redpoll along with the more regular visitors. Emi and I walked the
Cedar trail loop, seeing only 1 deer. On the way home I decided to drive
'around the block' turning right at Greenway Rd off Hwy #21 and then left up
Klondyke Rd, where at the VB Gravel Pit #5 - Green # 9899 I spotted a flock of
~30 Bohemian Waxwing at the top of a tall Poplar/Aspen at 4:00 p.m. today.
After turning the corner and close to Hwy#21 a second Northern Harrier in adult
male plumage sailed south(we saw one earlier in the park near the causeway,
where there is currently no open water and the ice is ~3 feet higher than last
week.    Maris

Directions - Pinery P.P. entry is west off Hwy #21 ~6 km south of Grand Bend
and Greenway Road runs east off Hwy #21 just north of Pinery P.P. entry and
Lambton County Museum.

Maris Apse 10094 Red Pine Road, Box 22, RR #2 Grand Bend ON N0M 1T0 (519) 238 -
8415