Finally a decent number of these birds have arrived to the
traditional areas off Greenway Road. Penny and I saw ~100 on Sat 12/03 in very
limited open water way off on south side, which increased to ~500 yesterday
14/03 with most of them behind the water in corn fields. To-day there wer ~50
much closer to the road on the north side and ~250 in the water far off on the
south side but I could see lots of white in the corn field behind these birds.
I turned right off Greenway Rd unto River Road, right again on Haig Rd to thr
corner of Blain Rd. and walked ~30M north for an open view of this spectacular
gathering.
          While estimating the number of Tundra Swans a flock of ~60 Snow
Buntings flew by, with lots of Horned Larks and blackbirds in the area.  I saw
2 Killdeer - first one on a 2 ft snow bank on Cold Storage Rd ay Hwy #21(wonder
if he read the sign?) and the other south of Greenway Rd, while scoping the
many gulls at the edges of water and on the ice.

DIRECTIONS : Greenway Road runs east off Hwy #21 just north of Pinery
Provincial Park entrance.  Cold Storage Rd is next road north and runs east
from Hwy #21 to Klondyke Rd. River Road runs south from Greenway Rd to Bog
Line/Parkhill Line. Haig/Blain can also be accessed from Walker Rd east of
Hwy#21 more direct if coming from the south.

                          Cheers!   Maris

Maris Apse 10094 Red Pine Road, Box 22, RR #2 Grand Bend ON N0M 1T0 (519) 238 -
8415