Hello birders.  As I was on my way past Stoney Creek today I decided to check
for the Mountain Bluebird being reported the last few days.  There were no
posts today but I figured I'd give it a try anyways.  I spoke with the Owner(?)
of the winery inside and he let me check around the area as much as I wanted.
He also said that nearly 50 birders had been there looking today... this seems
perhaps overinflated, but who know's... Hamilton has a large birding community!

Unfortunately despite looking for about 35 minutes high and low, throughout the
winery and the wetter low-lying buckthorn scrub in the adjacent northern field
(seen by looking out from the back wine tasting platform) I could not re-find
the bird.  I did find a flock of nearly 25 American Robins and 2 Northern
Mockingbirds staging in a wet area with some sort of red berries as well as the
dark buckthorn berries.

I really hope that birders continue to look for this bird over the weekend and
that birders will post EVEN IF THE BIRD IS NOT SEEN.  It seemed strange to me
that so many birders could have visited this morning/early afternoon and not
made a single post on their findings.

Good luck to those who venture out in the snow looking and wine tasting!

Directions:QEW niagara to fifty road and up the escarpment. Turn right at
Ridge Rd. And its on the north side west of 10th road east.

Andrew Keaveney
Field Biologist/Ornithologist, Bird and Wildlife Guide
519-835-8894 (cell)

"When one tugs at a single thing in nature, he finds it attached to the rest of
the world"

~ John Muir

"Live, eat, breathe birds"

~ Twitcher