Hi Everyone,
While looking for the Razorbill off Deschenes Lookout, I observed the Western
Grebe. It was in the middle of the Ottawa River off Deschenes lookout in the
area where the Razorbill had been frequenting, drifting east with the strong
winds. At around 2:20- 2:30p.m. the bird went out of sight and Bob Cermak and I
searched east to the Champlain Bridge until 3:30 but could not relocate the
bird. 1 Red-throated Loon and 1 Red-necked Grebe were also present. Its been an
exciting day!
Good Birding, Bruce

Directions: Deschenes Lookout is located at the western end of the Ottawa River
Parkway. Britannia Point is located just east of the Britannia Conservation
Area. Follow Cassels Road past BCA and drive to dead end. Britannia Point is
accessible from Britannia Water Filtration Plant
Deschenes Rapids: Quebec side: Take Champlain Bridge north and turn west on
Lucerne Blvd.. Follow to Vanier Road and turn left. Go almost to the end and
then left on Martel. Park at end on right and walk down trail to rapids.Check
east along bicycle path.

Di Labio Birding Website
Courses and Field Trips
http://www.dilabiobirding.ca