I stopped in at Sunnyside Beach this afternoon to search for the Western Grebe
that has been present for a few days. I couldn't find it in an hour of
searching. There was a Red-necked Grebe in its place, about 100 meters off of
the breakwall opposite Ellis Ave. The Western Grebe was reported on Ebird as
being present this morning.  Its possible the WEGR was close to the breakwall
where it wouldn't be visible while I was scoping.

Good birding,
Josh Vandermeulen
joshvandermeulen.blogspot.com