Hi Birders,

I don't normally post about breeding birds, but thought this would be of
interest to birders in southern Ontario and in particular the KW/Guelph area.

The first nest of Common Ravens was confirmed on Tuesday by my Dad, Jim
Burrell, near Winterbourne (on the edge of Waterloo), atop an abandoned silo.
The pair successfully fledged 1 young (1 other young apparently died earlier in
the week) on the 16th. On Tuesday, the pair + their young were observed about
1km NE of Winterbourne.

As other birders in southwestern Ontario can attest to, Ravens are fast
increasing, this is yet another new pair, and in a place we didn't expect to
have birds in the foreseeable future. Recent winters have seen Ravens in the
Linwood and Puslinch Lake areas.

To see a pic of the nest, as well as the location, click the following link:

Good Birding!
Jim and Ken Burrell
Heidelberg, ON