Today had one male Northern Pintail (first I'd ever seen here), a
small group of Buffleheads and some Common Goldeneyes, a Hooded
Merganser female, and a pair of Common Mergansers at the duck pond at
Sulphur Spring CA south of Hanover. Also the usual Mallards and Black
Ducks and a few Canada Geese. The naturally year-round "warm" (9° C)
water from a geothermal source makes this a neat spot in the winter
for waterfowl, but I've never seen it this diverse before.

Also back in the trails were some Brown Creepers and usual chickadees,
and the "Resource Centre" feeders had a large flock of American
Goldfinches. A pair of Rough-legged Hawks were in a nearby field.

Sulphur Spring CA is the former Headquarters CA, 5 minutes south of
Hanover, Ontario. Take Grey County Road 10 south to County Road 28,
follow the signs.