20 OFOers joined me today on the Durham waterfront walk. We focussed our
attention on Cranberry Marsh, Thickson Woods and Second Marsh locales and were
not disappointed. The cool weather kept us bundled up but the birding was very
good and the company great.

Highlights included in our total of 64 species were:

4 Horned Grebes
16 species of waterfowl
5 Great Egrets
6 raptors including a Bald (immature) and Golden Eagle (adult)
Killdeer and Lesser Yellowlegs
several American Pipits
a late Swainson’s Thrush and many Hermit Thrushes
Nashville Warbler
Blue-headed Vireo and Eastern Phoebe
Fox & Savannah Sparrows and Eastern Towhees
several Rusty Blackbirds
Common Raven

thx to all who attended

Geoff Carpentier
AVOCET NATURE SERVICES

Contact me at: 905-852-2011 or avocetnatureservi...@gmail.com
Visit my website: www.avocetnatureservices.com

Specializing in Environmental & Natural History Surveys and
Expedition & Personalized Guiding Services