The Greater Snow Geese have arrived at the Cobb's Lake flood plain just east of
Bourget in Eastern Ontario. Today there were tens of thousands present, our
count was a very conservative 30,000; I suspect many more were present. We
picked out one Ross's there plus one each Golden and Bald Eagle. Smaller
numbers of Snow Geese, mostly Lesser, were present in small scattered flocks in
the Winchester/Chesterville area, however we located 2 Ross's and one hybrid
Ross's x Snow in the Chesterville area, where we also observed an adult Golden
Eagle plunge into a flock of Snow Geese, knocking one out of the sky. Another
Golden Eagle at Lafleche Dump made for a three Golden Eagle day. The nine
Tundra Swans found yesterday at Milton Road east of Ottawa were still present
today as were two adult Greater White-fronted Goose.

Directions

Bourget. For the best viewing take regional road 2 east of Bourget to the
corner of Johnson Road where there is a small pull over where one can park.

Chesterville. The 2.5 Ross's Geese were present where regional road 9 crosses
the Nation River, you can get to regional road 9 by taking regional road 7
north from Chesterville.

Milton Road, Ottawa. From the 417 take Boundary Road north, turn east on
regional road 22 ("Russell Road"), and turn left on Milton. The best viewing is
from the pull overs either side of the bridge over Bearbrook. Be very carefull
as there is plenty of fast moving traffic on this road.