The 82nd consecutive field day was held Sunday under sunny skies and
pleasant temperatures.  There were lots of birds to be found.

Altogether we had 160 species of which three were new to the count. These
were somewhat surprising though, because they were Sandhill Crane, Thayer's
Gull and Whimbrel'

Besides these three, the following set all time highest counts over the
last 25 years when numbers began to be kept - Wigeon, Greater Scaup,,
Turkey Vulture, Common Tern, both Downy and Hairy Woodpeckers, Gnatcatcher,
Blackpoll and Grackle.  Equaling previous highs were Screech-Owl, Marsh
Wren, Warbling Vireo, Tennessee Warbler, and Cardinal.

This year we were joined by several keen young birders who contributed
hugely with their energy, enthusiasm and abundant skills.

The highest team total was 117 followed by three at around 100.  Our
birding ended as always at 5 PM when we headed for Brian Henshaw's in
Uxbridge for pizza, beer and the tally of birds and other critters.  We all
thank you Brian and Kim for your generous hospitality. A fine time was had
by all.