Hello Ontbirders,

I was at a relatives' farm in Innisfil on Thanksgiving day when a collared
dove flew up and landed on a telephone pole right in front of me. After
observing it for a while and taking photos, I'm pretty confident it's a
Eurasian Collared Dove. Photos can be seen in my eBird checklist here

The dove was located at Hewitt Creek Farms, 1698 Innisfil Beach Road in
Innisfil, south of Barrie.

I apologize for the late report; I was just waiting to hear back from the
farm owners to make sure they were okay with birders stopping by to see it.
I don't know if it's still around, but it may well be because it's an
active farm so there's lots of food and there are Mourning Doves around. If
you do visit, please be careful because there may be farm machinery moving

Good birding,
Caleb Scholtens
provincial birding organization.
Posting guidelines can be found at