Ontbirders,

Took some time to drop into Reesor Pond around 6pm tonight and stayed for about
30 minutes.  If you can get there at that time I highly recommend it as it was
quite a spectacle watching the Canada Geese and Mallards coming in to land.  I
estimated 3000 of each species when I left with more still coming in.  At one
point I looked up because of the sound of wings (around 6:20) and there were a
massive number of birds in the air coming in to land.

There were 8 Snow Geese at the far side and I found 1 Cackling Goose though
there could have been more in the masses. Also here were several Black Duck,
Shoveler, a few Pintail (females and 1 moulting male), 1 each of Lesser &
Greater Scaup, 2 Ruddy Duck, a few Redhead, Ring-necked, Am Wigeon and 3 Am
Coot. Wouldn't be surprised if there's a Greater White-fronted around.

Also, as I was driving to the pond, along the 407, I had 3 Cackling Geese in
flight with some Canadas, followed closely by 8 Trumpeter Swans.

Good birding all,
Frank Pinilla
Richmond Hill

Directions:
Reesor Pond is on the north side of Hwy 407 and can be accessed just east of
Donald Cousens Parkway. Take Hwy 7 east to Reesor Rd, head south to the
entrance to the pond.

Sent from my iPhone