Posting on behalf of Chris Eagles.

Before lunch today, Chris Eagles photographed a Crested Caracara in Wawa in the
east edge of Lake Superior and posted it to Facebook, unsure of its identity. I
figure it's worth posting to here for those who do not use Facebook. He has
seen it again this afternoon, and it was apparently eating fish scraps. He was
able to photograph it with his cell phone and it was about 20 feet away from
heavy machinery.

I am not in that area, but here are directions he described to me. Do note that
there is NO PUBLIC ACCESS to this area, but if it's moving around some it could
potentially be refound. He was here and found it because he works on this site.

It is mto property where I am working ....I spotted this bird in an mto pit
along highway 17 about 15 kms south of wawa at 11 am this morning ....this pit
will be closed as of the end of the week for the winter months. The closest
landmark would be the old woman bay rest area on Lake Superior.

Again, I have not observed this bird myself, so I do not have much else to tell
people about it. I just wanted to get the word out.

Jeremy Bensette
Leamington

Jeremy Bensette - Leamington, ON
Birding/wildlife tours, Photography, Naturalist Services