From: Steve Kinsley via ONTBIRDS <birdalert@ontbirds.ca>
To: Frank Pinilla via ONTBIRDS <birdalert@ontbirds.ca>
Date: March 1, 2017 at 2:39 PM
Subject: Re: [Ontbirds] Ross's, Greater White-fronted & Cackling Geese - Ravenshoe Rd & Woodbine Ave

As an update to Kevin's and Frank's postings, when I arrived at the Ravenshoe location at 11:20, there were fewer than 100 Canada's, and no sign of a Ross's. I searched east and north to no avail, but found the Ross's among 1500-2000 Canada's, getting views from a paved path within about 75 m of the Ross's. For others trying to locate it, here are directions that may prove helpful, as the geese are very active and moving between the 2 locations:

Drive further west along Ravenshoe Rd.(towards Leslie St.), and when you reach Thornlodge Dr., turn north. Follow Thornlodge past Lake Simcoe Public School until you reach Joe Dales Dr., then turn left (east). Drive until you see a couple of storm water management ponds on the north side (just before reaching Robert Wilson Cres.). There is a paved walkway running north between the storm water management ponds and a flooded grassy field area on the east side of the walkway. Excellent viewing all along that paved walkway. Some Tundra Swans were also seen flying around the area. Happy birding! (I was - the Ross's was a new lifer for me!)