Fish Crows can still be found in north St Catharines. Today I found a flock of
14 Fish Crows near Malcomson Eco-Park. I followed the flock to Sunset Beach -
most of the birds are here now but some have flown north towards the Port
Weller west pier. This appears to be a pure flock of Fish Crows as most birds
are calling frequently and all birds are flying like and acting like Fish
Crows. There are a few American Crows in the area as well but they are
remaining separate from the Fish Crow flock.

These crows do move around a fair bit. Yesterday morning Todd Hagedorn and I
saw the flock of 14 crows as we were walking out on the Port Weller east pier;
however at the time we could only confirm 3 Fish Crows (the rest Crow sp.) as
only a few birds were vocalizing.

I haven't seen Fish Crows at Port Dalhousie in my last few visits but that is
another spot worth checking.

To reach Sunset Beach - exit the QEW at Ontario street, drive north. After
about 6 km turn left on Arthur St. At the end of Arthur, turn right on
Beachaven and then your first left on Bogart St.

Good birding,
Josh Vandermeulen
joshvandermeulen.blogspot.com

Sent from my iPhone