Over the last few weeks I have had multiple encounters with Fish Crows in the
north part of Niagara Falls, so much so that I probably see/hear about as many
Fish Crows as I do American Crows in my neighbourhood. This evening I came
across a large group (80+) of crows near the Fairview Cemetery, off of Stanley
Avenue. The majority of the birds that I heard vocalize were Fish Crows, and I
have conservatively estimated 40+ Fish Crows in this one flock, though the
numbers could certainly be higher. I took a video of part of the flock and have
posted it on my blog. The link is:
http://joshvandermeulen.blogspot.ca/2017/07/fish-crow-flock-niagara-falls-video.html

[https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/proxy/3kXh1JUvwCb3EMeGM3WgLXYWIi-6WLvvs5__p-qRikDvzDXAQg6cYYtGIv762HRAFmnCKDfuKQD9bqwK=w1200-h630-n-k-no-nu]<http://joshvandermeulen.blogspot.ca/2017/07/fish-crow-flock-niagara-falls-video.html>

Fish Crow flock - Niagara Falls
(video)<http://joshvandermeulen.blogspot.ca/2017/07/fish-crow-flock-niagara-falls-video.html>
joshvandermeulen.blogspot.ca
Over the past several weeks I have had an increase in Fish Crow sightings in
Niagara Falls and St. Catharines. Laura and I live in the north...

Almost all of the Fish Crows that I have seen over the last two weeks are
undergoing primary molt, whereas most of the American Crows have finished their
primary molt - something I'll continue to keep an eye out for!

Good birding,

Josh Vandermeulen

joshvandermeulen.blogspot.com