From:Tim Mccarthy, via Ontbirds

Greetings, birders.

In just a few short weeks it will be once again time for the Raptorwatch
season. Starting Sept. 1,and going through to the end of November we will be on
Hawk Hill in High Park every day weather permitting from 9:30 am or so until at
least mid afternoon.

You are cordially invited to join us whether its for a brief visit or the whole
season. Don't worry if you feel that you lack experience as one of the main
purposes of the Raptorwatch is to teach and out-reach. If you join us for a
time I promise you will be well on your way to being a good Hawk-watcher. You
can drop in on a day in mid-September when there is a Northwest wind and be
virtually assured of a very exciting day with the Broadwing migration all
passing through at once.

And here, if I may throw in a little urging, wherever you are during the month
of September look up now and then for Broadwinged Hawks. Please report your
sightings.

But the High Park experience is best enjoyed by coming out and staying for a
few hours as many days as you can. That way you get to enjoy the passing of the
season.

I will not post here regularly unless something outstanding is seen. To see our
daily tally and that of all the other Raptorwatching sites please go to HMANA's
webpages at www.hawkcount.org<http://www.hawkcount.org>.

[http://hawkcount.org/logofb-1200.png]<http://www.hawkcount.org/>

HawkCount<http://www.hawkcount.org/>
www.hawkcount.org

Hawk Hill is just to the North of the Grenadier Restaurant just about in the
middle of High Park. There is ample parking nearby if you drive,and the High
Park subway station is an easy invigorating walk away.

When you come bring a good pair of binoculars, sunscreen, a hat and other
clothes to suit the weather and a lawn chair if you plan to stay for a while.
Bring your lunch unless you wish to buy it at the Grenadier Restaurant. Keep an
eye on the weather reports and if you see a day coming up where there is going
to be rising pressure accompanied by winds from the North or West we're going
to have more fun than a kettle of Broadwings.

Good Hawking,

Tim