Due to the onshore winds I decided to lakewatch this evening from the end of
Port Weller east. I just had a group of three juv Sabine's Gulls and one Black
Tern fly past at a fairly close distance, heading west. Worth doing a lakewatch
this evening if you are in the Hamilton - Niagara area.

To get to Port Weller, take the Niagara Street/Regional Road 48 exit from the
QEW in St Catharines, and drive north towards Lake Ontario. Stay on Niagara
Street for 5 km, then turn right onto Lakeshore Road. Drive over the Welland
Canal and take your second left onto Seaway Haulage Road, approx 500 m after
crossing over the canal. Follow Seaway Haulage road north towards the lake. it
will turn into Broadway, follow Broadway to the end and park in the little
parking lot at the terminus of Broadway at Lake Ontario. Follow the path
towards the end of the pier.

Good birding,
Josh Vandermeulen
joshvandermeulen.blogspot.com<http://joshvandermeulen.blogspot.com>