I would like to add to the postings about the Ibis at Harrow for anyone curious
about this bird's identity. I have not been to see this bird myself but based
on photos from two friends, this bird is readily identifiable as a Glossy Ibis
due to the pale whitish colouration of skin around the edge of its facial skin.
This is a trait that, from what I gather, does not always show on very young
Glossy Ibis, but when it does, as with this one, it is a pretty clear sign of
this species. White-faced Ibis only show this white edge to the facial skin as
breeding plumage adults, and even then it is actually made up of whitish
feathers rather than skin colour. Not to be confused with the more vertical
white streak in head feathering above the eye, seen on juvenal individuals of
both Plegadis genus species.

Location: Harrow Sewage Lagoons are found on Concession 3 in Harrow, Essex
County, about 1km west of County Rd 11.

Again, I have not seen this bird but have noticed it has not yet been publicly
announced as a Glossy Ibis, in case that makes a difference for those
interested in chasing it. Good birding!

Jere

Jeremy Bensette - Leamington, ON
I'm doing an Ontario Big Year in 2017!
Up to 323 bird species and counting!
I could really use a hand with Neotropic Cormorant, Laughing Gull, and/or
Western Sandpiper... Thanks so much for the support!