On February 18  at about 4 pm, while driving north within the park, I observed
a small group of robins fly across the road in front of me. One of the birds
was not a robin but was a brownish, robin-sized bird with a strong, yellowish
(orange?)stripe on each wing, which fits the description of a female varied
thrush.  The bird was observed flying west over the road roughly halfway
between the marsh board walk and the park entrance. As I was hurrying out of
the park for a personal matter, I didn’t stop to investigate, so this i.d. is

Leon A. Barlow
provincial birding organization.
Send bird reports to
Posting guidelines can be found at