I believe it’s been about a week since it was last seen. As our York Region data
reviewer for eBird said to me, its absence is fairly good evidence that it was
in fact a genuine wild bird, not an escapee, since it appears to have pushed
north with other migrant geese. That will ultimately be a final decision that
the OBRC will have to make, though, regarding its legitimacy as a wild bird
sighting by so many.

Steve Kinsley
Queensville, ON.