Good Day Eh,

Today Bob Tyler and I birded the Toronto Island from Ward’s Island to Gibralter
Point and for only the second time on the Islands (for us) we both saw 4
species of Grebes including 1 Eared Grebe, 2 Horned Grebes, 3 Pied-billed
Grebes and 7 Red-necked Grebes. The only other time that happened on The
islands Bob and I were together that time as well.

We also found 3 Common Loons, Canvasbacks all 3 Mergansers, Ring-necked Ducks,
both Scaup an Eastern Towhee and 2 Black-crowned night-Herons and a Great Blue
Heron was seen by Jennie Bull.

It was cool but sunny day all morning with mixed clouds in the afternoon and
it’s obvious that migration has slowed with many of the expected birds missing
but hopefully by mid July it will warm up and the NW winds will abate :>)).

PS – Last Tuesday the 3rd ( for those that are interested ) Bob and I found an
active Mourning Cloak Butterfly.

Norm Murr
Richmond Hill
Ontario, Canada

You can't see birds if you don't go out but sit and wait for others to find
them.