12 OFO members joined me yesterday as we explored the area including Pringle
and Lynde Creeks and Cranberry Marsh. Although the area of study was small, the
variety and number of birds was quite excellent. The weather was gorgeous (too
good for a hawk flight but great for lingering birds).

Highlights of our 71 species included:

5 species of sandpipers: Semipalmated Plover, Killdeer, Dunlin, and
White-rumped and Semipalmated Sandpiper
5 species of warblers: Yellow-rumped, Nashville, Tennessee, Orange-crowned and
Palm
The highlight for one lucky observer was a Nelson’s Sparrow at Cranberry, but
this hard to see species eluded the rest of us!

Lots of pipits and a few hawks drifted by overhead, while phoebes, kinglets,
Hermit Thrushes, bluebirds, Pine Siskins and Purple Finches were noted as well.

Great day, great weather and great folks! thanks for sharing the day with me.

Geoff Carpentier
AVOCET NATURE SERVICES

Contact me at: 905-852-2011 or avocetnatureservi...@gmail.com
Visit my website: www.avocetnatureservices.com

Specializing in Environmental & Natural History Surveys and
Group & Personalized Guiding Services