Yesterday Friday the 29th Bob Tyler and birded the Toronto Islands and we came
up with 49 species.

Pied-billed and Horned Grebes, 10 D-c Cormorants overhead, Trumpeter Swans,
Wood Ducks, American Wigeons, Canvasbacks, Redheads, Ring-necked Ducks, all 3
Mergansers, Red-bellied Woodpecker, Common Ravens, Northern Mockingbird
harassing Robins and Red-winged Blackbirds,  an amazing 34 Cardinals, (probably
some overlap with birds flying back and forth from Algonquin Island to Wards
Island), 102 Song Sparrows, White-throated Sparrows but only 1 Raptor a
Cooper’s Hawk which is a permanent resident down there.

 It’s possible that better weather is coming some day and birds should start
arriving in good numbers, possible I say.

Norm Murr
Richmond Hill

Sent from Mail for Windows 10