Hey,

There was a massive feeding frenzy of gulls and terns just off the beach this
morning at Port Franks. Matt Parsons and I observed - among the hundreds of
Bonaparte's, Ring-bills and Common Terns - three Little Gulls (there are at
least 5 around, 3 juvs and 2 adults) an adult basic Lesser Black-backed Gull
(graellsei-type) and a light / intermediate Parasitic Jaeger, nice and close,
bombing the gull flock repeatedly and giving great views.

Again, all of this occurred on dead calm lake conditions with light south-east
winds.

Things had calmed down considerably by the time I left, around 9 am, but these
feeding flocks tend to form up sporadically throughout the day, very often
chumming in one of the local Jaegers it seems.

>From Hwy 21, take Outer Drive to Dolway to Raeburn to the beach lot.

Cheers,

James Holdsworth, Biological Consulting Services
226-228-1428, jmholdswo...@rogers.com

'If one does not fail at times, then one has not challenged himself.'' -
Ferdinand Porsche