Hello,

This morning Peter Mills and I birded the airfield in Algonquin Provincial
Park. While there, we flushed an Upland Sandpiper. It called a couple of times
as it flew off but we were unfortunately unable to relocate it for photos. This
is the first fall record for Algonquin Park (Tozer, Birds of Algonquin Park)
and the second latest fall record for Ontario according to ebird (5th of
October, tip of Long Point being the latest). Also of note was a flock of 12
Pine Warblers associating with Yellow-rumped Warblers and Eastern Bluebirds.

The Airfield is located at Mew Lake Campground, which is at KM 30.6 along
highway 60 in Algonquin Provincial Park.

Sarah Lamond

Sent from my iPhone