I was unsuccessful in my attempt to relocate the Western Grebe reported earlier Christmas Day at Humber Bay East.  There was a nice assortment of waterfowl including 2 winter plumage Red-necked Grebes that flew east from the east end of Humber with notable white in the trailing edge of the secondaries.  Also of interest were American Wigeon, Canvasback, an immature Black Scoter and 4 adult male White-winged Scoters.

Humber Bay East in the extension of Park Lawn past Lakeshore Road off the QEW in west Toronto.

Mark Cranford

Toronto, ON