Steve Charbonneau reports that this bird continues at the same location
today (August 26).

Mike

Mike Burrell
mike.burrell...@gmail.com
Please support my birdathon for bird conservation
https://www.canadahelps.org/en/charities/bird-studies-canada/p2p/birdathon20/team/whimburrells/captain/mike-burrell/

Best Places to Bird in Ontario - now in stores. Find out more at
http://burrellbirding.ca

On Tue, Aug 25, 2020, 10:26 Mike V.A. Burrell, <mike.burrell...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Just a quick update on this bird. Steve Charbonneau reports that the bird
> is continuing to be seen but disappears for stretches of time into the
> patch of Phragmites.
>
> The exact location I provided in the first email was incorrect, here's a
> better description: as you walk northeast (away from the gate) between the
> first two ponds, walk past the first pond on your right. You'll have to
> keep walking a bit so you can look back towards the "bottom" (southwest
> side) of the second pond on the right. Along that edge of the pond a patch
> of Phragmites starts about 10 metres from the corner and continues for
> about 40 metres. The bird disappears in this patch and periodically comes
> down to the water and into the open to feed. Here's the location:
> https://goo.gl/maps/LL4AXZd2GWDDqS1y6
>
> To access Blenheim Sewage Lagoons you must have a permit issued by the
> municipality. It's free, very easy to obtain (and usually very quick). Once
> you are issued your permit you will be given the combo code for the gate
> lock. To get a permit, email cki...@chatham-kent.ca and ask for one,
> they'll then send you a blank permit that you must sign and return (by
> email is fine). PLEASE DO NOT ENTER THE LAGOONS WITHOUT A PERMIT, you may
> be charged with trespassing and birders could lose access.
>
> To reach the lagoons, head south on Hwy 3 from the town of Blenheim and
> turn northwest (right if coming from town) onto Lagoon Rd. The lagoons are
> on the right (north) side of the road. Birder access is by foot via the
> small locked gate opposite house #19712. The gate is locked by a
> combination lock (be sure to get the combination when you receive your
> approved permit).
>

> On Tue, Aug 25, 2020 at 8:30 AM Mike V.A. Burrell <
> mike.burrell...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Steve Charbonneau reports (August 25 at 8:15) that he has found an
>> immature Purple Gallinule at Blenheim Sewage Lagoons in the northwest
>> corner of the second pond on the right, about 10 m from the corner; it went
>> into the Phragmites along the shore.
>>
>> To access Blenheim Sewage Lagoons you must have a permit issued by the
>> municipality. It's free, very easy to obtain (and usually very quick). Once
>> you are issued your permit you will be given the combo code for the gate
>> lock. To get a permit, email cki...@chatham-kent.ca and ask for one,
>> they'll then send you a blank permit that you must sign and return (by
>> email is fine). PLEASE DO NOT ENTER THE LAGOONS WITHOUT A PERMIT, you may
>> be charged with trespassing and birders could lose access.
>>
>> To reach the lagoons, head south on Hwy 3 from the town of Blenheim and
>> turn northwest (right if coming from town) onto Lagoon Rd. The lagoons are
>> on the right (north) side of the road. Birder access is by foot via the
>> small locked gate opposite house #19712. The gate is locked by a
>> combination lock (be sure to get the combination when you receive your
> [...]

Ontbirds and Birdnews are moderated email Listservs provided by the Ontario
Field Ornithologists (OFO) as a service to all birders in Ontario.

Ontbirds is reserved for sightings of provincially rare birds. To post a
message on Ontbirds, send an email to: birdalert@ontbirds.ca. If you have any
questions or concerns, contact the Ontbirds Moderators by email at
birdal...@ofo.ca. Please review posting rules and guidelines at
http://ofo.ca/site/content/listserv-guidelines

To edit your membership settings visit the Ontbirds setup page at: