At 6.15 pm, April 25, 2021, Gordon & Michael Biro observed the Yellow-browed
Warbler (or Hume’s Leaf-warbler), feeding at eye-level, in modestly dense
creek-side shrubbery, in Shalebank Hollow Park, on the west bank of Mullet
Creek, 200 m east of Shalebank cul de sac & 600 m east of the formal pathway
near Hwy 403, the last location we were reliably told that the bird had been
seen the previous day.     The bird was in a loose feeding flock of 10
Ruby-crowned Kinglets, 4 Golden-crowned Kinglets & one Red-breasted Nuthatch.
 Two Brown Creepers were immediately nearby.    We viewed the Warbler for 30
seconds, at a distance of 5 m, then, at 6.20 pm, we spotted it again 50 m
further east & watched it for one minute, as close as 4 m away, from just above
ground level to 3 m up.   We never left the edge of the creek bed & the pathway
is fragile to non-existent most of the way.   It would be ill-advised for any
more than 3 birders at a time to be on this route & this is an advisory that
the rocky & slippery footing poses a risk to non Mountain Goats.

Other birds of interest on site, as of 5.30 pm, were Merlin, Hermit Thrush &
Northern Waterthrush + a dozen more abundant species.   A flock of a half dozen
Black-capped Chickadees, seen at 5.30 pm, was no longer present when the
Warbler & its entourage were found foraging.

(Ref.  Dropped pin)  Shalebank Hollow Park is off Folkway Drive, Mississauga.

Michael Biro
416-587-5910
michaelb...@rogers.com
--
Ontbirds and Birdnews are moderated email Listservs provided by the Ontario
Field Ornithologists (OFO) as a service to all birders in Ontario.

Ontbirds is reserved for sightings of provincially rare birds. To post a
message on Ontbirds, send an email to: birdalert@ontbirds.ca. If you have any
questions or concerns, contact the Ontbirds Moderators by email at
birdal...@ofo.ca. Please review posting rules and guidelines at
http://ofo.ca/site/content/listserv-guidelines

During the COVID-19 pandemic, all Ontario birders should be taking extra
precautions and following local, provincial, and federal regulations regarding
physical distancing and non-essential travel.

To find out more about OFO, please visit our website at ofo.ca or Facebook page
at https://www.facebook.com/OntarioFieldOrnithologists.