That's purely the time on the wall for electrum-server, validation in bitcoind
happens before. As ThomasV has pointed out it is significantly faster with a
solid state disk (but much more expensive to operate), if we get to that point
it'll only be expensive servers with lots of SSD space which are able to keep
up with the current software.

I was mostly trying to make a point about other software being impacted in ways
which aren't really discussed, rather than a specific dig about
electrum-server. I should have made that more clear.