On Fri, Jun 2, 2017 at 2:15 AM, Chris via bitcoin-dev
<bitcoin-dev@lists.linuxfoundation.org> wrote:
> On 06/01/2017 06:10 PM, Olaoluwa Osuntokun via bitcoin-dev wrote:
>
>> One aspect which isn't in this BIP draft is direct support for unconfirmed
>> transactions. I consider such a feature an important UX feature for mobile
>> phones, and something which I've personally seen as an important
>> UX-experience when on-boarding new users to Bitcoin.
>
> Totally agree. My first thought is maybe you could keep bip37 filtering
> as optional for unconfirmed transactions. Since you're only interested

Really bad for privacy. Data for transactions at the tip is only
14kb/s-- potentially less if segwit is in use and you're not getting
witnesses. Is that really that burdensome?

FWIW, leaving a mobile browser just running while pointed at some
websites seems to use more traffic than that just loading advertising.
:)