Hi !

I am looking into enabling a split between thin clients holding the wallet and
server(s) holding the blocks and txdb.

To that end I am considering to simplify the WalletTx a bit and I came across
the vtxPrev in the code. As I see it vtxPrev is only used for keeping a list of
supporting transactions to enable resubmit of these in case the transaction it
self and all its supporting transactions are lost due to some blocks becoming
invalid as they are part of a dead-end part of the chain. However...

The vtxPrev stores 3 transactions back, but as transactions need 7 block to
maturity and respendability isn't it overkill - I mean it is highly unlikely
that a transaction gets invalid after 7 confirmations and the vtxPrev are
guarding against resubmission of transaction more than 21 confirmations back.
Further, we cannot guarantee that the transaction owner is online at the time
and the money could have been re-spent for others anyway.

So bottom line:
Do we need the vtxPrev at all ? Or did I miss out something ?

Cheers,

Michael