Michael, thanks for taking time to read the proposal. Responses are inline, below.
I am not sure where you prefer the discussion on the content of the BIP - but
now you get it here, but feel free to redirect...

Likes:
* inclusion of prevout txout scripts - could prove handy
* that it is a proposal to do this similarly on all clients
The txout scripts are not just handy, they /need/ to be included in the txin scripts for signing. By putting them there already, the parser only has to blank out the others txins, add the hashcode, and pass it to the ECDSA code for signing (if you're not familar with OP_CHECKSIG, see my diagram here <https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=29416.0>). I think this feature is *critical* to adoption, as it works for the most lightweight clients that might not even contain blockheaders -- everything you need to understand and sign the the transaction is included (except for the txin values).

For that reason, this doubles as a convenient way to do offline wallets/signing: you don't have to keep transporting 700 MB of blockchain to the offline computer just so it can sign your transactions.
Dislikes:
* the format - I guess I would prefer a normal JSON format - where the scripts
gets populated step by step. As for the scriptPubKey (now an awful name...) it
would be easy to just add it to the JSON, or have the prevouts simply be the
actual txouts instead of {hash,n}.
I see the benefit of JSON for dynamic information with lots of optional fields. But this information is fairly static -- if there's extra information developers need for this process, it can be added. I don't see a lot of variation in the amount/types of data to be included here.

The core benefit follows PGP messages: compact, easy-to-identify, blocks of text, that can be included inline in an email as easily as it can be supplied as a file/attachment, and only requires code that's already available in a BTC developer toolbox. I can even remove the numsigs counter, as it's easy enough to search for the END-TXDP line. Think about a non-developer opening a file and trying to identify it: JSON looks like code, this looks like... "----BEGIN-TXDP---" (now that I think about it, "BEGIN-TRANSACTION-9fj3fsQ" might be better...)
Comments:
* it is good to have this proposal, but I think that once we see ways to
communicate it they could very well radically steer how a format should look.
Take e.g. the discussion we had with Gavin yesterday, if we had chosen to move
in that direction BIP0010 would had been useless. So perhaps a bit premature?

If we start talking about in-blockchain techniques, I agree with you. But If that idea is discarded, *all* out-of-band solutions are going to require encoding this exact information somehow. I think offering this solution before developers start asking the question of how to do it is exactly what's needed.

-Alan
Cheers,

Michael