> The main source for these 1 Satoshi payouts is Sahtoshi Dice.

Because people are making 1 satoshi bets, or is this part of their
messaging system?

Pieter is right, getting consensus behind your proposal is too hard
and it's not likely to ever happen (I wouldn't support it, for one).

Outputs that never get spent are simply using disk space, the working
set is really defined by the coins that are moving. Disk space is
cheap. So this problem doesn't feel that urgent to me. Now if people
were routinely spending those 1 satoshi outputs, it'd be less great as
it'd increase the working set size.

I suspect some of these coins can be cleared over time by adjusting
wallets to consolidate outputs into the change outputs when a
transaction that has spare space before reaching the next size/fee
level takes place.