Hello all,

it was something I planned to do since a long time, but with the
recent related issues popping up, I finally got around to writing a
BIP about how we can get rid of transaction malleability over time.

The proposed document is here: https://gist.github.com/sipa/8907691

I expect most rules to not be controversial. Maybe rules 1 and 3, as
they require modifications to wallet software (Bitcoin Core 0.9 and
BitcoinJ already implement it, though) and potentially invalidate some
script functionality. However, these new rules remain optional and
controlled by an nVersion increase.

Comments please!

--
Pieter