On Sun, Mar 02, 2014 at 03:10:09PM -0500, Tom Geller wrote:
> Hey, folks. Sorry if this is documented somewhere -- if so, just point me at
> it. I couldn't find it, though.
>
> I'm a (non-developer) writer with experience in open-source communities, and
> I'd like to contribute with writing/editing/marketing. What's the procedure?
> Is there someone in charge of that area?
>
> Two examples:
>
> 1) Gavin recently asked for proofreading of 0.9.0rc2, but it was unclear how
> to send the changes. (There are many possibilities, some better than others.
> Git? Google Docs with revisioning? Microsoft Word with Track Changes? The
> Bitcoin wiki?)

I proof-read rc1 and simply submitted my changes via pull-req:

    https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/3642

I'd say to encourage that method. If someone doesn't know how to use
git, yet still wants to proof-read, just send us a text-file with all
your corrections applied. We've got the tools to diff those changes
ourselves; no fancy software is required.

> 2) The page at https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/BitcoinPayment says that "the wiki
> receiving wallet (for the wiki itself) is also MtGox". Umm, I rather doubt
> that. :-P But I'm not sure what the current info is, or whom to alert.

MtGox does host the bitcoin wiki, so yes, the funds probably do go to a
wallet held by MtGox in some fashion.

--
'peter'[:-1]@petertodd.org
000000000000000f9102d27cfd61ea9e8bb324593593ca3ce6ba53153ff251b3