I think we have two very good candidates both substantiated with arguments for
their use in their context:

bit  - the word for everyday use
XBT - the acronym to fit into the ISO currency set.

both meaning 100 satoshis or 1e-6 Bitcoin.

I am glad that I erred, and this list finaly cares of finance customs and
average Joe’s.

Regards,

Tamas Blummer
http://bitsofproof.com