Thanks g.maxwell, your explanation of *why* you can't just generate k
in a way that the verifier can duplicate is really helpful. This also
servers as a great illustration why engineers should never try to
designing their own crypto protocols! I knew enough to know not try
that at least.

Aaron Voisine
breadwallet.com