My concerns come from 2 projects that could easily raise the current
transaction volume 10x daily in the short term,  perhaps even 100x a year
from now after the media blows it out.

Think legal bittorrent file sales: ebooks, indie music (albums and
singles), films, art, stock photography.

Think p2p amazon (OpenBazaar) and how that could grow exponentially in
terms of transactional volume when ecommerce penetrates geos currently
underserved.

Thanks for your explanations. it seems as of now we must rely on the likes
of centralized solutions like Bitpay, Coinbase to manage the transactional
volume we expect, or just wait for the technology to be ready finally
handle it in a real p2p fashion, no intermediaries.