Mike,

Before addressing other issues I could use some clarification on your
intent.

In one statement you refer to derivation of a session key from a bitcoin
address (passed via NFC):

> doing ECDH over secp256k1 to derive a session key means we can reuse
> the address that was put in the URI already for pre-BIP70 wallets

In another statement you refer to derivation of a session key from a
public key (passed via  BT):

> The public key can then be provided in full in the clear over the
> Bluetooth connection and the session key derived.

I don't see how you propose to treat the bitcoin address as a secp256k1
public key, or do you mean something else?