Le 11/05/2015 00:31, Mark Friedenbach a écrit :
> I'm on my phone today so I'm somewhat constrained in my reply, but the key
> takeaway is that the proposal is a mechanism for miners to trade subsidy
> for the increased fees of a larger block. Necessarily it only makes sense
> to do so when the marginal fee per KB exceeds the subsidy fee per KB. It
> correspondingly makes sense to use a smaller block size if fees are less
> than subsidy, but note that fees are not uniform and as the block shrinks
> the marginal fee rate goes up..

Oh I see, you expect the sign of the dE/dx to change depending on
whether fees exceed the subsidy. This is possible, but instead of the
linear identity, you have to increase the block size twice as fast as
the difficulty. In that case we would get (using the notations of my
previous email):

D' = D(1+x)
F' = F(1+2x)

and thus:

E' - E = x/(1+x)P(F-S)

The presence of the (F-S) factor means that the sign reversal occurs
when fees exceed subsidy.