Both you and jgarzik experienced mail getting tossed into gmail's spam
folder thanks to DKIM... I am concerned that DKIM is too fragile and not
very compatible with mailing lists.

We already removed the footer because it was incompatible with DKIM
signing.  Keeping the "[Bitcoin-dev] " prepend tag in subject is compatible
with DKIM header signing only if the poster manually prepends it in their
subject header.

I am already concerned that the lack of the Mailman footer will make it
hard to identify where exactly subscribers need to go to unsubscribe or
look at archives.  Removing the subject tag might make DKIM enforcement
work a lot better, but I can easily see our obtuse subscribers as being
extra confused by this.

Opinions?

Warren