I disagree that 11 is a reasonable value. That's less than 2 hours, which
probably wouldn't even last peak trading hours. You want the mempool to be
big enough that low-fee transactions introduced during peak hours are still
around when there's much less activity (it maximizes miner profit and
prevents people/wallets from needing to resubmit after activity has died
down).

I think you'd want something closer to 72. At 1mb or even 8mb blocks, the
memory requirements are pretty reasonable. 20mb blocks and you may have to
reconsider that limit.