As far as I can tell, Bitcoin Cash blocks won't be accepted by bitcoinj
– regardless if validating or not – because Bitcoin Cash changes the
difficulty (in order to survive with much less hashing power than
Bitcoin has). This will fail the PoW-check.

Regarding pending transactions I'm not so sure. I heard they changed the
signing as well, probably in an incompatible way. In this case, it
should be detectable by bitcoinj. If anyone could create and post a
BCC-signed transaction in serialized form, we could add a unit test for
this.